Profile DELphine TWENTY-one 1ST september '90 LogisticsCoordinator delphine1990@hotmail.com ♥GIRLFRIENDS ♥1LO6 '07 ♥french horn ♥chocolates ♥tv-marathoning Online Users Tagboard Affiliates Archives Credit Spongylove |
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Bye bye 2011 and hello 2012! As year 2011 is coming to an end, I'm here to do a summary. Year 2011 has not been a good year for me. I remembered telling my friends that I have bad feelings for this year. And true enough, things hasn't been smooth sailing for me for the longest time. Life has been like a roller coaster ride, full of ups and downs. Nevertheless, I'd walked through all the bad times and is ready to embrace 2012. 2012, you'd better be a good year! This year, many people left me. Not as in died, as in quit being part of my life. *Cue emo music* Frankly speaking, I really had a hard time dealing with this because when they walked out of my life, I feel really helpless. No doubt, when people leave, new people are bound to enter my life. It is like stepping out of my comfort zone and trying to find a new spot. I'm still trying to cope with these as I know it is inevitable in life. Not in total denial that there are no good people in life anymore. In fact, I met some really nice people along the way too. And those who stayed on, I'm really glad I still have you. Next, problems with friendships. This has never happened for the past 20 years till this year. It's probably because all of us are growing up. Change in mindsets, views differs. It is really hard to maintain on the same page. After all, we are all pursuing different goals in life. Nevertheless, some friendship will never change. Problems at work is another huge issue. If you have been following me closely on twitter, you would have known. Anyway, I'm not gonna say it here. All I can say is interpersonal relationship is really important. Likewise, I'm not saying I've been doing a really good job in that but I made sure I respect every single one of them. When I do that, I would expect this to be reciprocal. If you want me to respect you, learn how to respect me first. I believe most of my friends know that I'm really hesitant about tendering my resignation. I have my reasons and I don't expect people to understand. But please understand that whatever I do, I always think through carefully. Decisions are never made on impulse. The best part of year 2011 is that I get to travel to a few countries. This year, I went to Genting, Thailand and Taiwan. Although I spent a lot of money on all these overseas trips, it is truly enriching and eye-opening. For year 2012, I hoped to travel to more other countries but keeping my options within Asia first. Someone once told me, you have to conquer Asia first before venturing into European countries. So, I'm gonna conquer Asia! Need more travel khakis! This year is also marks the beginning of my adulthood. It also means entering into the real society and undertaking more responsibilities and stress. I have a really strong personality. I'm sure I'll be able to cope with whatever that comes along. I had my awesome-est birthday party ever. Felt so loved by everyone. Last but not least, congratulations to my fellow batch of 1990s friends, welcome to adulthood! Next is my successful enrollment into SIM-UOL for my degree course. I'm really glad that many friends spurred me on when I embarked on this new journey of my life. This is something that I want and hope I can do it. Although the journey is arduous, I'm very sure I can get through it. Although I'm still very worried about my exams next year. And SIM is a money-sucker! Kept paying since July! I think I need to find a 3k job to keep up with my expenditures (school fees). I'm kidding. Whatever it is, as year 2011 is coming to an end, I wanna put behind all the bad memories and bring the good ones with me to 2012. And in accordance to tradition, I will always draft out my new year's resolution for the new year ahead. And so this is my resolution for next year: 1. Being punctual for work 2. Doing well for exams/be more hardworking 3. Earn/save more money 4. Braces! I MUST DO IT BY END OF THIS YEAR! 5. Get fatter (if that is possible) 6. Good skin! 7. Let this be a secret.. Punctuality has been my greatest weakest. I hope to overcome this by the end of next year. And I'm sure most of you will agree with me. This marks the end of my year and let's welcome 2012 together. *cue katy perry's fireworks* That's all folks! Bye! |